Tuesday, April 6, 2010

LEATHER SKIRTS!!!

On Sunday my family gathered together for our annual Easter lunch celebrations at my grandparent’s house.On discussing my cousin's upcoming wedding and my joint love for clothing and design with my grandmother, the day proved to be much more fun than I had anticipated. To my delight my grandmother's wardrobe was filled with garments worn at all her children’s weddings, most of which

she had made herself.

It wasn't long until the fashion parade started, the whole family enjoying the journey to a time long ago. It was at that moment, in the midst of sequins, lace, organza and fur, one coat hanger popped out to grab my attention...

on it hung two leather skirts.

The first, a delicious milk chocolate colour, a perfect fit, straight cut with simple detailing and spacious side pockets. The other, a patchwork of textured black leather, slightly longer with adjustable side straps and a more crisp handle. With open arms I accepted these gifts from my grandmother, who saw that there was one other person who could love them as much as her... me!


So I leave you with this task, the next time you want to buy that amazing outfit that you know nobody else will have, visit a grandmother, mother, aunty or anyone else clever enough to have spared some classics, and you will find amongst the hangers that there is that perfect garment waiting for you to

pop on and love!



modapop image



modapop image




Looking for that old school leather skirt?


Ebay has thousands of different styles and colours, all you need to do is start choosing!


St Vinnies, or your local op-shop will be sure to have some...

(spotted a few in Newtown Vinnies the other day!)




Or for something high end look towards...


The Vintage Clothing Shop

Castlereagh St, Sydney, NSW


http://www.thevintageclothingshop.com/



And if you love all things vintage, don't miss out on this event!


Sydney Vintage Clothing, Jewellery and Textiles Show

16th-18th April 2010 @ Canterbury Racecourse

see website for details


http://www.lovevintage.com.au/


No comments:

Post a Comment